Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #1249
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobertron View Post
I noticed the font issues as well, which actually put me off buying any kepubs. I don't know why the settings don't stay constant and override the book font options. Having to fiddle with the settings everyone I open a new book is going to get old quickly.
You might want to try convincing all the ebook publishers that consistent settings make for a more enjoyable experience. Since I'm one of the people who regularly use Sigil to modify the epubs I purchase (which is one reason why I don't purchase kepubs if I can avoid them), I've found margins, font size and font selections vary all over the place even between books from the same publisher or in the same series. One ebook I purchased had margins close to 2 cm. on all 4 sides of the screen, a default font size that was in the 6 point range and a nasty collection of typographical oddments -- do I really need dropcaps that are hardwired to look good on a computer screen when I'm trying to read on a handheld ereader?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote