View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:00 AM   #21224
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Mixed-mode Vent and Un-Vent;

Rains came so hike to waterfalls had to be canceled.

Some time ago we received tickets for a free lunch at a very exclusive hotel in Kyoto. The sort of place where lunch for one costs about $75.00 USD and provides just a bit less food than would be required by a hamster. The restaurant surround a typical Japanese garden complete with waterfall, koi, and even two swans a'swimming.

Lunch; a starter plate with a 1" square (not cubed... square) of Salmon mouse 1/4" thick served beside a sprig of dill, followed by a chilled pumpkin soup served in a beautiful double bowl; the lower holding crushed ice and the upper bowl the size of half a tennis ball half filled with soup. The main course came on a huge plate but only held one spear of asparagus, one floret of broccoli (crossing each other, of course,) and a pearl onion, with a spoonfull of cream dressing over it, and a medallion of beef roughly the size of can of snuff but thinner. Desert was an ice cream the size of a fig with a sprig of mint on top.

Nouvelle cuisine. Delicious, but not much there and costing a small fortune.

But.... we had free tickets. And I'm on a diet eating 1/4 of what I would normally eat. What a perfect lunch! Free. Almost no calories because of so little food, and delicious!

I think there really IS a God!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote