Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 3g, Aldiko, FBReader
- 21 Sep 2012
New sites (thanks Marillapm):
This version contains some metadata features that have been requested, plus quite a bit of internal refactoring to allow them.
- Allow individual site adapters to add extra metadata entries to the standard ones. (key word: extra_valid_entries)
- Allow custom labels on title/log pages for extra metadata entries. (key words: themes_label, cliches_label, etc)
- Allow those extra metadata to be included in titlepage/logpage, or added to existing metadata entries. (key words: extra_titlepage_entries, extra_logpage_entries, include_in_genre, etc)
- Allow new, purely composite, metadata entries to be made from existing and extra metadata entries. (key words: include_in_*)
- Allow existing metadata entries to be redefined. If one site has what you think should be category and genre reversed, for example, you could swap them. (key words: include_in_category, include_in_genre, etc)
- Allow calibre custom columns to be populated from the new extra metadata entries. (key word: custom_columns_settings)
- New configuration options to add to titlepage_entries, logpage_entries or include_subject_tags for specific sites (instead of replace it). (key words: extra_titlepage_entries, extra_logpage_entries, extra_subject_tags)
- Allow the format for Published, Updated and Packaged dates on titlepage/logpage to be configured in personal.ini. (key words: dateCreated_format, datePublished_format, dateUpdated_format)
- Cover support for dramione.org.
- A fix for squidge.org/peja Rating.
- Loosen url check on AO3 to allow more copy/paste URLs.
- Fix author on castlefans.org due to site/skin changes.
For now, I've only added a few site specific metadata that I know have been asked for. I repeat: only a few site specific metadata listed below have been added so far.
New 'Extra' Metadata:
- dramione.org: themes, hermiones, dracos, timeline, cliches (cliches = hermiones, dracos to demonstrate the composite feature)
- www.fanfiction.net: reviews, favs, follows
- www.fictionpress.com: reviews, favs, follows (fanfiction.net & fictionpress.com share code, but not configuration)
dramione.org is the prototype for this feature; ini code:
## Some adapters collect additional meta information beyond the
## standard ones. They need to be defined in extra_valid_entries to
## tell the rest of the FFDL system about them. They can be used in
## include_subject_tags, titlepage_entries, extra_titlepage_entries,
## logpage_entries, extra_logpage_entries, and include_in_* config
## items. You can also add additional entries here to build up
## composite metadata entries. dramione.org, for example, adds
## 'cliches' and then defines as the composite of hermiones,dracos in
## For another example, you could, by uncommenting this line, include
## themes in with genre metadata.
## You can give each new valid entry a specific label for use on
## titlepage and logpage. If not defined, it will simply be the
## extra_titlepage_entries (and extra_logpage_entries) *add* to
## titlepage_entries (and logpage_entries) so you can add site
## specific entries to titlepage/logpage without having to copy the
## entire titlepage_entries line. (But if you want them higher than
## the end, you will need to copy titlepage_entries.)
## (Plugin Only) - You can also populate calibre custom columns with
## the site specific metadata using custom_columns_settings (but only
## if 'Allow custom_columns_settings from personal.ini' is checked in
## the plugin GUI config.) There are three parts, the entry name,
## then the label of the calibre custom column, then (optionally) a
## 'mode'. 'r' to Replace any existing values, 'a' to Add to existing
## value (use with tag-like columns), and 'n' for setting on New books
## Make sure to keep at least one space at the start of each
Assuming this works well, I'll take requests on extra metadata to add for other sites. I'm not, however, planning to add new metadata across the board. It's easy to say 'add reviews for all sites', but to actually add it to all 75 adapters is not.