View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #34544
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Sounds like you have it pegged, Stitchawl. Best of luck with your continued "youthifying".
While I'm confident that I will reach the weight that I'm aiming for, and I can already feel (and actually measure) the muscles toning up, I am NOT quite as certain of becoming 32 again... But today I got off the train one stop before I needed to just to add another kilometer to my planned walk, took off along the river until I reached the street that would take me steeply UP HILL for the next two kilometers, and didn't feel the need to stop and rest until I got to the top! The snapshot below is the street I climbed. Two kilometers to the top! And not a huff nor a puff when I got there. Just a soaking wet shirt and a REALLY dry mouth! And a few of shaky snapshots! Then walking along the side of the mountain for another three kilometers before turning downhill and walking the three K back to the nearest train station.

Quote:
I must say I'm feeling good these days - lost about 23 pounds now, an only 5 to go to hit my target. I'm losing a couple of pounds a week, which I am comfortable with. I'm not doing the exercise that you are though, which is bad . I walk up stairs, and park farther away from shops etc. than I need to so that I have to walk further, but it's not really enough. I'll get there, though...
All it takes is the discipline to do it. It sure sounds as if you've got it. Good luck!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Uphill.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	92711  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote