View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #34542
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Dude. You should be taking in at least 1,200 calories a day.
And probably when I reach my new goal (82 kilo) I will increase my consumption closer to that level. But not now. Unfortunately, as I put on more muscle from the exercise, it is balancing out the weight lost from fat.

A pound of fat equals 3500 calories. To lose 1 pound a week you will need to burn 3500 more calories than you eat that week. Losing one pound of fat a week is a sensible goal, but it requires a reduction of 500 calories per day. You can do this by increasing your calorie-burning activity or by eating fewer calories -- or both. It is easier to achieve it with the combination of increased activity and eating less. This is what I have done, just to higher levels.

Walking at 3mph burns about 100 calories for a 200lb man. So if I walk 3mph for 30 hours I can burn 1000 calories. But if I eat 1200 calories per day, there aren't enough hours in the day to burn them off, much less to burn off what's stored as fat in my body. That's why so many people spend so many hours in health clubs doing little more than maintaining their status quo. So I cut back the 'amount' that I eat (but still eating balanced meals) and increased in the extreme the exercise I was getting. It works. I'm not starving myself to get thin. I understand body metabolism and how it reacts to lowered fuel input. I'm really not putting it into 'Starvation Mode.'

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote