Shubook: I've made the switch.
I never thought I would ever willingly delete Stanza from my iPhone, much less for Shubook, but I have, just now.
I've only been playing with Shubook (the paid version... the free one really doesn't show it off well enough at all) and find that it does most of what I want.
Here's what I have found so far
1) Generic User Interface. I don't much like fancy/different UIs to the Standard Apple iOS UI. Shubook uses standard iOS.
2) I can have multiple books under one Author, with the books listed on a separate page for each author.
3) I can add or subtract labels/categories for each book, and edit the author/title
4) I ran the formatting epub that someone supplied ages ago. Shubook handles standard format very well but doesn't recognise SPAN/Class at all.
5) Vertical swipe to brighten or dim.
6) I can add my own ttf fonts if I wish (I won't but I can)
7) I can use my own book sources as well as the many already included
8) I can use Calibre and Dropbox to access books already acquired
9) Books can be emailed out and in, and web pages can be used to download as well as OPDS catalogs.
10) Reading progress indicator
Whats missing (for my purposes)
1) Pinch/spread for on the fly font resizing
Apart from that, Shubook now ticks most of my boxes. Its maturing very very nicely.
Last edited by kyteflyer; 09-22-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Reason: Wrong info..fixed.