View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #65
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure25 View Post
Oh @hit! So my cover was going to be shipped in November (after my PW). I clicked on change shipping and re-selected free shipping. It updated to October 9-15 (with my PW at October 17-20).

BUT, now I am being charged California tax! LOL. California passed a law that starting 9/15/12 or thereabouts, online retailers that sell 1 million or more (I think) have to collect tax. I'm a little pissed, but actually, I wanted my cover either before or at the same time I get my PW. I don't want to have a naked PW that might get damaged. LOL. So, I'm pissed, but them I'm also happy.
I would call Amazon CS. Since you never cancelled the order, just changed the shipping type, you might have a legitimate case for stating that you still bought it before the CA tax rule went into effect. Amazon might disagree, but it is certainly worth discussing with them.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote