View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #47
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
I have just had my first trial of the new OS6 maps. It seemed ok when at my home and connected to WiFi, but once in the car it crumbled. Slow, inaccurate, and the big issue, it relies on a constant data connection. One that sucks up bandwidth at a very hight rate. If you turn cellular data off, and haven't a WiFi connection available (I just turned the car's hotspot off) it puts up a cannot connect the the map server error. Using this app - even once it is "fixed" in a mapping sense will rack up some pretty big data bills. I have just switched back to MetroView. MetroView doesn't require a data connection, and it is fast and accurate.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote