View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #69
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
But it also works for non-work related use. Imagine that it's not your work tablet that you are talking about, but your personal one...The nightmare situation that you mention is already here, with work provided smartphones.
This. I don't give a damn about what devices work gives me; I have very little control over it, and, being a government employee, it's always guaranteed to be the best device the lowest bidder could supply (case in point; my agency just bought about 8,000 new desktops for our enterprise network this past summer - all 32 bit). But I want my personal stuff to be flexible and powerful. I love all of my iThingies for what they are: consumption devices. But they have shortcomings and too many restriction.

And whether I am "off the clock" or not, sometimes people need to reach me immediately for work stuff. Stuff that can't be put off. Not being available isn't an option, regardless of the time. So this appeals to me.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote