View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #12
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
PDF on e-ink is the most sought answer here in this forum. It seems to popup at least once every day.

The answer is the same: buy a LCD tablet. e-ink readers are for fiction books, not technical manuals full of diagrams in fixed layout.
This is how I see it, too, but your milage may vary. I read pdfs for research purposes, and then it's important to me to be able to easily scroll through, and back and forth, in a document quickly. Tablets do this much better than e-ink, and they also offer much better options in terms of annotation. I tried doing this all on an e-ink initially, but gave up relatively quickly and moved to iPad. I love e-ink for my recreational reading, but they just don't cut it work wise.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote