Originally Posted by 9littlebees
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, due to the fact that I have only just pre-ordered my first eReader, the Kobo Glo. Being a bit of a tech-head and review junkie, I thought I'd post a review of the Glo here on MobileRead after I've had a little play with it.
So basically this thread is to ask you guys for things I should look out for and general questions (probably Kobo specific) I should address in my review, that you wouldn't necessarily get from your standard review sites.
Already planned are (EDIT: updated with replies):
- Screen delay when advancing / retreating a page
- Firmware number and general layout of the Home screen
- Battery life with the light continuously on
- Comments on the new, slightly less comfy-looking quilted back
- Ease of turning pages one-handed
- List of any bugs encountered
- Ease of navigating
- Ease of getting content onto it
- Does it live up to my expectations, as a first-time eReader owner
- General durability of the screen
- Thoughts on screen clarity / quality with light on and off
- Ease of getting back to where you were reading, after side-loading new ebooks
- Does eReader settings override font, justification, line spacing, margin widths, etc if they are set in an ebook?
It's apparently going to be available from the 1st October here in the UK, so I should be getting it sometime the week after next.
I think your approach is good. I notice you mentioned not doing a stress test... but really how would you do that any way.. its a reader it does one thing and one thing only. Its not like a tablet where you could stress the cpu by tasking it.
At any rate I look forward to your review, I anticipate many are waiting for realy world review not a pcmag style, or blog review.... but a real world review by a real user!