View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #21200
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650, iPad, GS3, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
That usually means that the computer is broken.

or your video card is stuffed.

Either way, and opportunity to buy a new computer yay!
I was thinking it might be broken. Are you sure?!

I thought it was the video card, so I replaced it. Well, the new one has a larger heat sink and no fan, so at least it's quieter. The PC's less than 2 years old, and was a mild gaming computer, so when it's running, it runs great and processes quickly. Of course... I have to get it running first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Any box large enough to hold electronic parts is also large enough to hold evil spirits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
@SolRaven: Modern technology won't help at this point. You need to drive a stake in your computer's hard drive and perform an exorcism.
As WT pointed out, an exorcism just might be what it needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I'd say faulty power supply as a starting point, but that could lead to fried cards and other things.
After I changed to the silent video card, I thought I heard something coming from the power supply, then I realized that a cord was rattling on the edge of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I can't believe how cheap they are now. Those tiny laptops cost less than the iPad.
Thank goodness for that or I wouldn't be able to sit here and type on this little netbook, which costs less than half of what my iPad was when it was new.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote