View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #166
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Working with multicolumn scanned file

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianner View Post
Hi - I tried to convert a PDF file with this tool using the default options and it doesn't seem to work. This PDF file has 2 columns on some pages and 3 columns on others. I expected the pages to be 1 column, but they continued to be 2 and 3. I also tried specifying "co" and "1" on the interactive display, with the same result. I believe this PDF file is created from a hard copy document being scanned in. Could this be a problem? Or, is there some other option to specify? I've looked at the help for the options, but I can't see any that make sense. Thanks for any help.
Dianner--k2pdfopt should be able to break out the columns whether or not your document is scanned. Note that for 3 columns, you need to use "-col 4" on the command line (or "co" and "4" on the interactive display). It may be that something in your document is preventing k2pdfopt from recognizing the individual columns. If you can post or attach an example of your source PDF file (can be just a couple pages), that would really help. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why it's not working.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote