View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #62
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I know that was the reason. I just had to disable the test because when I connected the new Fire (the first time today) it locked up when trying to get a list of books (only 20 books). Or I gave up after 5 minutes at 65% job complete. I think I'd better wait till it is done being tested, I feel I'm inadequate for this task.
The first time I connected my Nexus 7 it took over 8 minutes. It searches your entire device for books not just where you think the 20 books are. There might be manuals or items in your download folder that you would like to send to calibre. Searching your whole device will let you know what is there and if you wish you can send the book from the device view to calibre.

Once it has compiled that list the next time is much faster.