View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #62
nesler
Zealot
nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to list
I like Vollkorn and Apple Garamond Bold on some readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't like that font used in that scanned image. The capitols are too big compared to the lowercase and look at ho the uppercase J descends below the lowercase. IT just doesn't work and will end up giving a somewhat large line height.
The font I do rather like is Charis SIL. From it, I generated a proper smallcap version. The default line-height is fairly small and the uppercase/lowercase ratio is rather good. The caps are not too big and the lowercase not too small. Plus, I was easily able to modify the font to increase the weight a little to make it look even better with an eink screen.
Could you post a link to your tweaked version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have my favorite reading fonts. I do not like Caecilia at all. It reminds me of old west style writing not something I want to read every book with. I prefer Sans-Serif but I currently use a Serif font.
I use Amasis Modified. It basically Amasis that has been edited to look better on eInk. Someone here edited and it has saved me from dealing with font and contrast unhappiness
On my Tablet I use Amasis Modified or Trebuchet before that It was Tahoma. On my old eReader which was before Pearl I used TheSans.
I have tried many fonts but I always go back to those three.
I would love to get a copy of this as well.
nesler is offline   Reply With Quote