View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #65
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I wasn't defending the device. I was defending Amazon. Defending is probably not the right word. I was really only describing it. I have enough experience with Amazon to do that. I have four Fires and a Kindle. I have hundreds of programs and hundreds of books and dozens of mp3s. Most of these have been given to me by Amazon. Despite this, Amazon has permitted me to use this content on my PC. If I decide to go with another tablet or forego tablets altogether, I will still have access to this content.

This is a good thing.

Chances are we will stick with Amazon. I may not bite on this year's offerings, but I will keep my eye on what they offer. Though I use Netflix, I am always looking at Prime as an alternative. The important idea is that no matter what my relationship with Amazon, I expect that the products and services they sell me will work with products and services other companies offer.
Just for the record... I use the Kindle app on my Nook Tablet, but I can't subscribe to digital magazines and view them on anything but the Fire. B&N will let me view my magazines on any device.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote