View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutenberg View Post
I use the following template in Calibre->Preferences->Saving Books To Disc:

{author_sort}/{title}/{authors} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

It works great except for the Folder name -- if the author's FN ends with a period (.), the period is replaced by an underscore (_). So, for example, I end up with Folders like these:

Box, C.J_/Blue Heaven/C. J. Box - 2009 Edgars Mystery Awards 01 - Blue Heaven.epub
Parker, Robert B_/Sixkill/Robert B. Parker - Spenser 40 - Sixkill.epub

The {author_sort} variable works fine if I use it elsewhere in the template, and the period is not replaced.

{author_sort}/{title}/{author_sort} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

Parker, Robert B_/Sixkill/Parker, Robert B. - Spenser 40 - Sixkill.epub

Is there any way to fix this? I'd prefer to have my folders sorted "LN, FN" so replacing {author_sort} with {authors} is not an option. And I'd rather not have to strip the periods from all author names with abbreviations.

Also, I work on a Mac, so the length limitations on Windows filenames should not be the problem.
Period is a reserved character in some OS.
Calibre corrects all filenames to comply with all platforms.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote