View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #193
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The entire video of the conference is on youtube....someone posted a link on mobilread somewhere, and I think I saw it on techcrunch, too.

I agree with you, I really wanted that feature. I hope it's customizable, like how many to display per grid.

Think of how useful that will be to perusing one's archives! Assuming doing so doesn't completely bog down the device. I'll be testing that out. My archive is 5153 at the moment.
The paperwhites and all the new Kindle Fires come with the 'large archive fix' already in place - they cut off access to prevent blowing up the devices (according to Amazon support, at around 5K or so items). If you are over the limit, they only show the latest titles (rather than oldest, as all previous versions did).

It's pretty useless, anyway, unless you know the exact title or author you are looking for - no device since the original Kindle has sorted the archive by date.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote