View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #41
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
I have one question for @ihor & @ixtab:
Would this edited .jar files work for Kindle Keyboard (currently on FW 3.3)? Since @ihor mentioned that his DX is running FW 3.x I'm guessing original .jar files where from FW 3.x ...
My crystal ball is still broken. I cannot answer questions like "will this work on that device", because I don't have the device to test it.

This is the developer's corner, not the newbie's corner - so you are expected to know what you're doing, and you are expected to try it and to report back if it works.

That said: no, I'm not trying to be an asshole. Really. I'm actually a nice person, and I'm trying to help people where I can. But (and this may just be subjective) I have the impression that lately, there is a flood of requests which are all alike, and which can be summarized as: "will this work for me?" where people have obviously not even tried to do things, but are asking for full-fledged solutions. Again, this is the developers' corner, so you shouldn't expect easy solutions, but rather you are expected to be willing to invest a bit of effort or experimentation.

A great contribution of yours could have been "Cool, I tried it, and it also works on a Kindle 3" or "I tried it, and it also (almost) works on the Kindle 3, but I had to slightly modify this and that". This would have been a nice contribution, because the amount of information in the thread would have increased.

Instead, you're just asking the same old question: "Will it work for me?" - I don't know, because I'm not you, and I don't have the devices that you have. If everybody just keeps asking whether it works, and nobody actually tries it, we're going to stay in that state forever.

Whoa... ok, I realize that this sounds rather harsh. It definitely isn't meant to be a personal attack on you, so please don't take it as such. It's more like a general comment, reflecting the posts received lately.

And now anyway... I don't own neither a KDX nor a K3. But from my understanding, the firmwares *might* well be sufficiently similar for this method to actually work on the K3. If you could test it and report back, that would be very much appreciated.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote