View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #18
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
Exactly the reason why I never, ever read reviews, except occasionally for the entertainment value. I do at times pay some minimal attention to aggregated review scores, but in the main I only buy books which I know that I want and so the reviews are superfluous to my requirements.
I have literally almost never paid attention to reviews of anything, from books to video games, and I have never been disappointed. I don't want to go into things with preconceived notions, good or bad. The books/games/movies I have almost always walked away from disappointed are the ones where everyone and their mother said it was pants-poopingly great. I can't even begin to count how many 9/10 rated video games I've walked away from without being able to figure out what the hubub was all about. Meanwhile I'm enjoying myself like a pig in mud with something that got a 5/10. I will go back and read reviews to see if my opinion matches up after the fact but I never pay attention to them on the front end.

My own tastes rarely, if ever, steer me wrong. I'm not trying to be a contrarian, I don't go out of my way to be different, I simply don't buy into the "hive mind" of the general populace and I try to go into everything with no expectations either way.

As to the topic, yes, people are getting increasingly aggressive with their ignorance. There's also a whole populace of simple joy killers who want to ruin everybody elses good time or make people who enjoy something feel stupid. The happy people aren't online, they're enjoying their product instead of seething and spewing venom across the interwebs. I don't let it bother me anymore, I simply don't give 2 poops about very many peoples opinions about what I choose to spend my money on.

Last edited by xg4bx; 09-15-2012 at 09:22 AM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote