View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #40
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
I haven't had to deal with tech support (yet), but it seems to me that people compare Kobo - a relatively small outfit - with Kindle, with the might of Amazon behind them. This is unrealistic in my opinion, but then, as I am frequently told by people (including my wife) that I am the unrealistic one - I am an atypical user of technology that likes diagnosing and fixing (or working around) problems.
The fact that Kobo is a (relatively) small fish competing with the Amazon shark just means that Kobo has to be smarter about their products, service and process.

They have had a series of firmware updates that have failed out of the gate. Including a very public launch failure in Japan. They have fairly serious bugs being introduced into every release. It is taking at least three months now to get these bugs fixed. Kobo customer support has a reputation of not having a clue (Kobots, anyone?), at least not if you don't use one of the special (and secret) email addresses to complain to (Kobo Executive Care, anyone?).

I want Kobo to succeed. I like their hardware, and their software is ok, once you can get past the bugs. But they have to improve their game.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote