Originally Posted by taming
I can't speak for Sameer, of course, but he is very much a senior manager. His job title, per linked-in, is Director, Product Management, eReader Devices. Knowing the answer and finding the time to engage people here are not the same thing.
He is probably nicer than I am. I'd keep a little list of rude and demanding people and then I would ignore them entirely.
Well this post wasn't meant to be rude or demanding. I made this separate from the other post it appeared in, in case it got missed. I made an assumption it got buried and missed because I've seen other posts by Sameer since, including one on the weekend. A time I would not expect a post from anyone at Kobo.
Now knowing his job title I would really really greatly appreciate his opinion/answers to questions I originally posted here. Looking back at my original post I can see that it indeed may have been rude/demanding but that certainly wasn't my intent. I actually quite respect Sameer from what I have seen of his posts here trying to help people with their problems. Hence the questions here directed specifically at him.
Questions rephrased not to sound rude/demanding
1) Will we see more options added to the Kobo settings beyond fonts as per earlier requests?
2) Does the Home screen still replace the books you are
reading with newly added books, requiring you to hunt in the library to find the book you were currently reading if more that 4 new books are added? I've noticed this still happening with 2.1.1.
3) Are the new Kobos still fragile in regards to the screen, in other words do they still have a breakable glass substrate?
4) Has the response to the touch screen improved? It looks like it reacts better than my KT does now. I figure either the respose has been improved or that Sameer's fingers are smaller than mine and the screen responds better because of that. If it's smaller fingers then I will have to start bringing my stylus with me.
5) Does the black bar only appear when the glow light is on? I'm assuming it does from the video. I'm not sure I like that the bar is black, is there a setting to reverse it, white bar/black text?