View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't know if everyone remembers how disappointed I was with the K4S when I got it. I had to exchange it because the background was really grey. The background on the replacement was a little lighter but the dingy grey cast was always there. I finally found a tolerance for it after finding a custom font that was dark enough for me to read comfortably. I had many people come to me with the same screen problem.
The K4S screens seemed very inconsistent between units. Mine which I received the same day you got your first one had a screen that was better than the K3 I had at the time. A really good screen, though nothing like what you describe the new K4B as having. Perhaps Amazon was able to pressure eInk into using better quality control this time around. I hope so. I cannot wait for my Paperwhite to arrive now that I've heard how terrific the K4B is!
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote