Originally Posted by Katie1
What IS the Differences in Tools 5.1 & 5.2??
According to the release notes:
- Fixed a couple of problems with Topaz decoding
- Enhanced the logging messages of the tools
- Added iOS UDID support to the Mac OS X DeDRM AppleScript application
- Added a feature for Linux users of the Kindle plugin. Now can be run under native Linux calibre, but will pick up the required DRM info from the copy of Wine with Kindle for PC installed. N.B. Python and pycrypto must be installed under Wine for this to work.
- Fixed a problem with the Kindle plugin under Linux if Wine or python under Wine wasn’t installed. Thanks, DiapDealer!
- Made the Mac version of the Kindle tools look in an extra location for DeDRM info based on a user report.
So it seems that the changes are mostly to the tools handling Kindle ebooks.