View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
mmat1
Det
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyl276 View Post
I am getting the error: character content of element "dc:identifier" invalid; must be a string with length at least 1. Sounds like the fix is to open the source code and place the ISB number into the dc: identifier. Can someone post what code and am looking for to add this to? May sound trivial but I am new with code.
Also, the validator is telling me to take the spaces out of my file names. I can't do this since the TOC uses these names. Is this going to be a problem in final validation?
Jellby has posted a perfect solution 3 messages above. You should replace the whole "<dc:identifier"- line in content.opf with one that matches the sample above.

Btw: Doing this would be easy by using sigil, but which tool do you use ?? Building a toc from filenames is a bit unusual. Spaces and other special character's (such like ) in Filenames could cause problems (somewhere in the universe ), but i never heard about a case, where they are a real problem.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote