View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
No to hacking, apps, buttons and Amazon store. Basically I just read books so I'm looking for the reader with the best screen (pixel density & whiteness), a fast and responsive user interface, is small and light, easy to sync with Calibre and able to access my library organised into collections. I don't even need wifi really - it would always be switched off anyway.
Sounds like a T1. Though of course I can't compare it to the paperwhite, yet. And I don't have the Kindle Touch to compare either. But as to your points...the Sony has about the same screen color as my Kindle keyboard, but has a nicer user interface and is MUCH, MUCH faster at everything than my keyboard (I am SURE the paperwhite will be faster too). With the Sony I have 3000 books and when I want to search for a book it takes longer to type in the search term, than to receive the result. A second! My Kindle, with less than 200 items on it, takes MUCH longer to bring up a search result.

And then there is the collection issue. The Sony is FAR superior to the Kindle, when used with Calibre and tags to make collections. When I tap on Books, I get a list of books sorted by latest read. Under the title is the author, series, and series number. I don't think this can be done with the Kindle. I tried the Kindle Collections Manager and it wasn't anything like what I am describing. Also with the Sony, when I tap on COllections, all my custom collections are there, with the number of books in each. Currently on my Sony with 885 books there are 56 collections. On my other Sony there are 122. These numbers do not slow up the Sony at all, unlike when I had 35 pages of collections on my Kindle Keyboard. It was bad. Now I keep them to 7 or 8.

So anyway, that is my comparison between the T1 and the Kindle Keyboard. The Paperwhite can't be compared just yet, of course. The T1 is far superior to the Kindle Keyboard. Will it also be superior to the Paperwhite? I bet with regard to collections and screen savers, it will be.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote