Originally Posted by NiLuJe
@twobob: w00t! \o/
So that is now almost a complete offering
- A path from Sources of 300 ish applications (that compile, not including the current malign apps)
- Software that dynamically updates versions and 3rd party updates to makes etc... (All "updateable" via GIT)
- Custom Busybox config in the 1.20.x style (thanks Knc1)
- Custom Kernel using the right headers and patches (thank you niluje)
- Installable custom modules
- A system to run many applications As-Is on FAT.
Still needs wrapping up with a cherry on top for most users but yeah, serviceable offering at last.
I REALLY need a newer device if I were to "complete" the offering,
I have a sneaking feeling that I could get the entire buildroot tree to work on a 4/5, the PaperWhite may have to fit that bill in the absence of something with sound support... (which rules out the entire "sound" section of course)
Thanks for the help!
Big shouts out the Knc1 and GM for all their help and knowledge!