View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
To me yes. I love my T1 and was looking forward to the new model but was totally underwhelmed when I saw the spec. Sony seem to have lost the will to innovate in the ereader market.

I'm not anti-Sony by any means (I've had 505, 600, 300, 650 and T1 readers), but the new T2 model seems to offer very little. The screen resolution is the same, the size is similar, in fact the biggest difference to me is the loss of MP3. We don't all need social media add-ons (which seems to be the only 'new' feature).

Maybe I'm unique. I only use my ereader to read books. I don't actually take notes, I don't publish my status to the internet. I only connect it to the internet as a means of downloading books.

So to me, clearer, lit screen and cheaper price trumps reshaped buttons.

Kindles not an option for me, as Amazon aren't selling the new model to the UK and I like the option of downloading ebooks from the library. So for me it's got to be the Kobo Glo. I ordered on preorder within an hour of getting the notification email

If the Kobo is as good as it looks then Sony are likely going to need to move the technology on a fair bit to win back my custom.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote