Thread: PRS-T2 PRS-T2
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #367
MattW
Connoisseur
MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS 505, Sony PRS T2, Kindle PW
My screen comparison

So my T2 arrived today. So far, I am really, really underwhelmed - and I've had two PRS 505s (one's screen gave up), two 650s (one got stolen) and a T1 before that, so I am (or rather, was) a very satisfied Sony customer and always thought they blew the Kindle out of the water.

Well, annoyingly, the T2 does not let me connect to the US Sony Store (that seems to be a firmware issue; I can choose lots of other countries, UK, Australia and New Zealand among them). I ordered it from Germany (because it came with a free cover) and live in Austria, so maybe, I shouldn't complain about this, but it still annoys me. I have no problems with the T1 connecting to the US store.

But, more importantly, the screen. It is a tad whiter, but so are the dark pixels. Comparing my T1 and my T2 side-by-side (same book, same page), the T1 has better contrast. It's not even close. I played around with the settings a bit, but couldn't really change things for the better.

So, all in all: no more buying books on the device for me, screen noticeably worse. That money could have been better spent.

I've got a Kindle Paperwhite on order through a friend in the US (knowing that I can't buy books on the device); we'll see how I like that screen.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote