Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
BelleZora
Guru
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, K-Touch, Nook GL, Sony T1, Libre Pro, K-Fire
Welcome, Hobbledchit! A similar treasure trove inherited from my Dad's stepfather enriched my youth. Among dozens of books from the 1800's was a bound collection of all the Harper's Weekly newspapers from 1876. How I loved reading those papers: Custer's defeat at Little Bighorn was on a middle page, advertisements for hernia trusses were on the front pages, and people were astonished that Samuel Tilden so handily won the presidential election, yet was later declared loser after 20 disputed electoral votes were given to Rutherford Hayes.

Nothing since has matched the joy of those yellowing pages.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote