View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #103
EldRick
Addict
EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.EldRick is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (Sony PRS-950, Nook STR, Kobo Touch, K-DX, K-3)
The idea of the Mini, with shirtpocket size, really appeals to me. Elsewhere, I read that it is a 5" 600x800 display, so the e-ink pixel density must be higher than the 6" 600x800 e-ink readers previously available.

And, BTW, it uses the e-ink Pearl display -http://www.eink.com/customer_showcase_kobo_mini.html

The Kobo web site states "Vizplex V110 display"

From another site: "Vizplex is the name of the e-ink screen, Pearl is simply the designation of the latest version of Vizplex..."

I confirmed this by looking at the Power-On screen on my Sony 950, which has the Pearl display - it says Vizplex while booting up.

Last edited by EldRick; 09-09-2012 at 04:14 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote