View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #16
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
For text, the widely neglected best solution--known since the 8-bit computer days--is to change the text and background colors to shades of the same color. Just changing the bright-background white default to a light gray makes a bigger difference than dropping the backlight.
Try different color shades and combination: some popular combinations are amber on black, pale baby blue on medium blue, black on gray, or white on black (or gray).
Easy to try, no added cost.
So every time I want to read a book on my monitor, I have to change the settings for it and sit staring at a vertical plane... WHY? I've got an eReader which doesn't need messing with for comfortable reading, it's designed for it using eInk and being an eReader...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote