View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
Hitch, my most recent revision was uploaded to the KDP as an epub built with Sigil, and it has the two covers as described, one full-screen on the Fire, followed by a smaller cover image with a margin all around. I haven't looked at it in a "Kindle" reader.

(It also, as I have previously noted, has the Go To / Table of Contents feature grayed out, despite the fact that div id="toc" is in the proper place, and worked fine previously.)

I will probably replace the epub with a zip file of html plus images, as I did in my previous waltz with epubs on the KDP.
Oldpilot:

I don't know what you're doing, but it's not being done correctly. I just test-uploaded a book for a client on Thursday, and did his cover simultaneously, and no double-cover. How are you identifying the cover in the ePUB, and how are you identifying the html toc in the guide, please? Have you considered the simple expedient of making the ePUB into a mastermobi through Previewer or KG first, and then uploading it?

Would you like to send me--privately--the ePUB for me to look at? I"m not pimping for work, it's a bona fide offer to help.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote