View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #796
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR w/Glowlight, Kindle 3g, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackshot91 View Post
Now, I just have a couple more questions. First: Is there a way to always update the metadata, but only overwrite the epub if it's newer on the site? Does "Always Overwrite" essentially accomplish this?
Not exactly. You can use 'Update Calibre Metadata Only' mode to update metadata without updating/overwriting the epub, but FFDL assumes that metadata has changed only if there are new chapters.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to set calibre to automatically convert the epub that FFDL downloads to a mobi file? I found that I need to download the book as an epub and THEN convert to mobi, so that I get the chapter marks and skipping function on my kindle. (Thanks to this thread. )
FFDL, in concert with the Reading List plugin can already do that. Basically, you set FFDL to delete other formats on update/overwrite and add them to a Reading List that will be sent to your device. Then when Reading List syncs your device, it automatically converts them, too.

See Reading List Integration for the full details.

Quote:
And lastly, have you considered perhaps adding the ability to download all stories by a single author on a site? It's not urgent, or anything. Just an idea. Right now I use this extension to get multiple urls and it works a treat.
Use FFDL's 'Get Story URLs from Web Page' feature. That's as close as I plan to get.

For one thing, it's more general and can be used more places. For another, I don't want to make it too easy for people to pull large numbers of fics at a time because it's stressful on the site servers. We have had people get (temporarily) locked out of sites before for excessive traffic.

Jim
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote