View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #11
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Those are the expected ids for a Kobo Touch, so calibre should be seeing it. Can you:

- Check the Kobo driver is enabled in the plugin list (Preferences, Plugins, find the driver. If it is light grey, it is disabled)

- Run the device detection and post all the output. Hopefully from this we can see what is going on.
OMG! Calibre sees my KT with 2.0.0. I checked Preferences/Plugins/Device Interface Plugins and found that the Very One I thought I had selected--the Kobo plugin--was grayed-out, so I reversed that. I assumed--haha, never assume!--that all the other device plugins were not installed/in effect, therefore I should select the Kobo plugin. Kind of strange default, having all the plugins being in effect by default, even for devices produced a few years ago in Tyrgyzstan.

OK, so now Calibre recognizes my KT. Tnx to all on this thread, esp. davidfor. I note that he posted the instructions for finding the PID etc. in Windows at exactly the same minute that I thanked murg for doing so. Tnx to all.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote