How to get this info without Calibre on Windows:
1) plug the Touch into the USB cable and connect.
2) bring up the Device Manager
2a) Windows 7 : Start/Control Panel/Device Manager
2b) Windows XP : Start/Control Panel/System/<one one of the tabs> (this is from memory)
3) under Disk Drives, find Kobo eReader USB Device
4) right click on this and select Properties.
5) select Details tab.
6) change Property dropdown to Device Instance Path
7) the value contains the Revision
8) change Property dropdown to Parent
9) the value contains the PID
10) note that you also get the Touch's serial number
device instance path: USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_KOBO&PROD_EREADER&REV_0326\KG1111111111B&0
3) the Touch will also show up under Universal Serial Bus Controllers as USB Mass Storage Device.
Note: There may be more than one USB Mass Storage Device.
6) change Property dropdown to Hardware IDs
7) the value contains the PID and revision
skip 8) 9) and 10)
Hardware Ids: USB\VID_2237&PID_4163&REV_0326
Obviously, my PID is 4163, and the revision 0326. Bought in Australia. Doesn't load the Japan versions.
I'd also like to see the Touch's Factory Reset firmware version, which is the version installed at the factory.
My Factory Reset firmware version is: 1.9.11
Last edited by murg; 09-07-2012 at 10:37 PM.