View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I found a way around this in another thread here. I wrote up some quick directions, here you go!

1. Download the eBook software.
2. Copy it to an easy location, like C:.
3. Go to a command window (Start -> Run -> Type "cmd")
4. Navigate to where you saved it, if you saved it on C:, just type "cd\" to go to the root of the C: drive.
5. Type the name of the file and a /a switch. Since the default name has spaces you'll need to use quotes. The command should look like this - "Ebook Library Installer" /a
6. Go through the prompts and it will ask you where to save the files, this installs the program where-ever you want, I just created a folder called SonyConnect.
7. It's all installed! Now it will not auto-create the icons for you, so if you want that, go to the next step.
8. The executable is in the folder \SonyConnect\program files\Sony\Reader\Data\bin (substitute SonyConnect for whatever you called your folder). Right-click and choose Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut). This will place an icon for it on your desktop.

All done!
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote