View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #128
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Pre-ordered the Kindle Fire HD in 16GB. Thought about going bigger, but didn't think the outrageous tax was worth it. I have so many cloud services anyway. Going to get the Paperwhite later on for my travels next year.
I think you are in north Texas too. We got screwed over by the state of Texas earlier this summer when they bullied Amazon into charging taxes. I understand if Amazon has a retail center located within Texas that they should charge tax, but not if they simply have warehouse distribution centers. Personally I suspect that Gov. Perry was just POed that Amazon wasn't padding his crooked pockets! I just ordered the Kindle Paperwhite and for the first time ever I had to pay tax on a Kindle. I hate Texas, even though my ancestral roots have been here since the early 1800s.

BTW, some items are listed sold by Such-and-Such-company, delivered by Amazon. Sometimes you can find a company that doesn't have o collect tax in Texas, then you get the Prime shipping and good deal without tax, plus you get to screw the state!
jswinden is online now   Reply With Quote