View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #56
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Well, looks like the Kobo Arc is dead in the water. The new Kindle Fire is going to be more powerful than the old (thus way more powerful than the Arc) - AND cost only $159. Even if it too lacks a dedicated GPU and microSD slot (the latter's a given, of course), it will blow the Arc away.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/...pt-14-for-159/
Last I checked, the Fire was only available in the U.S. I'm not about to jump through any hoops to get one, and then have to go through back door channels to try to access any content for it. Life's too short to bother with that. Isn't that one of Amazon's main selling features - ease of use and access to content? Last I checked, that ease of use and access is only available to those in the U.S. No thanks, even if the specs are better. There are too many other (non-forked) tablets out there that grant me ease of use. Yes, even the Arc.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote