View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman74 View Post
I can download Calibre, then buy ebooks from any source, be it Amazon, B&N, Google, Sony, etc….? Use the Calibre to remove the DRM, then I would be able to download the book to any device I choose, be it a Kindle, Nook, Sony Ereader, Samsung Tablet, etc….?
Close, except Calibre itself doesn't remove DRM and DRM removal can be done outside Calibre or using a third party plugin that works from within Calibre.

Quote:
Now, along with that, would I have to have them delivered initially to my computer, then transfer them to the ereader or could I have them delivered to the ereader, then transfer them to the computer to use Calibre, then transfer them to any device, I choose?
I find it easiest to download them to the computer and then transfer them after they've been uninfected.

Quote:
Having removed the DRM, I would also be able to save them to an SD Card, Hard Drive, etc…. and keep them from now on, loading them onto any device I might have in the future?
Correct

Quote:
As far as the Adobe Digital Edition, how exactly does this come into play? Is that what then allows you to transfer it to different devices, after removing the DRM?
ADE is used to download books that use Adobe Adept DRM. These are usually ePubs from places like Kobo, Sony, Google, Diesel, Books on Board, etc, but can also be PDFs (they use the same DRM).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote