Okay, so instead of whining about the website in every single other thread that could be remotely related to the website, I decided it might be less annoying for other people and easier for the developers listening if I kept it to one thread. So here's the feature request thread for the kobo book buying and browsing website. I know this is the Kobo Reader
forum, but I'm thinking the website is important to the readers, no?
I'll start off with a bunch of my own requests.
- Please, please, please get rid of the immediate automatic flood of Dutch books in my face just because I'm browsing from a Dutch IP address. It would be nice if the content of the site listened to what language I select right at the top. All it does now when I select "English," is change the menu names to English. The rest stays Dutch. I cannot browse in English, causing me to never ever buy a book from Kobobook.com any more.
- While we're on the subject of internationalism, it would be really great if books that are translated from another language say so, and preferably give a link to the original book (if available). I'd hate to buy a translated book by accident and then find out later that I could have read it in its original language...
- For the recommended books, if you mouse over them there is some info, plus the options to say "Not interested," "Already read," and "Get preview." But the info that is given is only the title, the author and the first line of the description. I can't decide from that whether I'm interested or not... It would be nice to add the genre of the book. So that if it says "Romance>Contemporary" or "Chick-lit," I know to press "Not interested" immediately without having to click on the book first to view its full page to find out what kind of genre it is.
- When viewing a book, there's a bar down the bottom with "You might like" books. Great. It would be really nice to be able to mouse over those and say "Not interested," "Already read," and "Get preview."
- I like that some books appear to include ratings from Goodreads. Can this be done for all the books?
- Implementation of book series information and book series order and links from a book to its serie-peers please. Now I have to go to goodreads to find out which of all the lovely books comes first...
I might think of more later... I would like to add that I like the Kobobook.com design. It's nice and clean.