View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #19
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
Note is perfect, except only for one thing -- the price. It will be perfect once the price drops to $199. Skype is OK but SMS and voice communication with friends on mobile phone is still an issue? I'm in New Zealand and I've not heard of such gateway yet.
I haven't used skype myself much, but my wife's mother uses it extensively, particularly for LD calls, and has a phone number associated with her account. She really likes it and has no issues calling or receiving calls from Cell's or land based lines.

As for SMS, I'm not sure; is email not a viable alternative? (most phones that can do SMS should be able to do email...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
It might be $199 if subsidized by phone company.
Current Note I is about $550 unlocked at Amazon.
I'd expect the note2 to be around $200 via 3 year contract; Note1 comes in at $99 around here.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote