View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
willythepotatoe
willythepotatoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Accidentally deleted folder

Hello guys
I accidentally got ads on my kindle once and tried to get rid of them by deleting the ".assets" folder (K:/system/.assets).I contacted with customer service later and got my special offers removed.But the problem is,I forgot to take a backup .So It causes hell of a bug when I try to restart or search something.(If I restart,It doesn't get restarted but I get a white screen like a blink then it brings me back to main menu,and screen freezes,i can't open a book if i don't reset the kindle.
I contacted with customer services again ut they don't seem likely to send me the files and I don' wanna do the delivery and waiting.So I need help about this.If you have a kindle touch,you must just open your systems folder (you must make your computer show hidden files first,if you don't know how:http://maketecheasier.com/display-hi...09/09/05),copy the .assets folder,convert it to .rar or .zip or .iso,any archive i mean and then send it via e-mail.
Please contact me by PM or send the archive to mutkusahin@hotmail.com if you wanna help.

Note:Yes I tried factory reset,6 times but it didn't bring my removed,erased,lost-in-depths-of-hdd files.
willythepotatoe is offline   Reply With Quote