Thread: K5 JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #643
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleloh View Post
Hi ixtab,

thank you for the implementation of the chapter progress feature. I have tested it and found a minimal improvement: the 100 % is not at the end of the chapter but at the beginning of the next chapter. The first page is then showing the 100% bar and the second starts with a new bar. It seams that the condition to check 'the next chapter is entered' needs to be a 'less than' condition instead of 'equal' in the current position to TOC index. But its only a guess.
Thanks for the hint... I think that the newest version should fix it - and it was indeed almost exactly as you suspected.

Quote:
Buy the way if the information is available how many pages to turn to enter the next chapter, than it may be nice to draw page bullets into the progress bar (as equal in the book based view the chapter bullets). This could be a rough estimation, depends on information available. Then it would be easy visible how many pages until end of chapter.
This is not generally possible, because there are no "pages", and the concept of "position" (and even differences between positions) isn't easily translated into "number of screen refreshes"... sorry.

Quote:
And last but not least enjoy the beer, I have donate and thank you for sharing your knowledge and effort.
Thank you!

BTW, full disclosure: At this moment, I have received a total of $125.07 USD in donations (this is after Paypal has taken their ~10% fee), from 17 people (actually, more than one third of it was given by a single person; you know who you are - merci!)

So there will still be a bit of time until I can buy a Ferrari, but it might end up being enough for getting one of those new Paperwhite Kindles soon - so thanks again to everybody who contributed.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote