View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #76
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
If I take my NWGL outside the house, it goes in its cover.

More fragile or not, I am not going back to a non-lit screen. I'm reading much more with the NWGL than I did before, and that's what is important to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Agreed, it's a wonderful device. Even in situations where the light is not that bad, turning on the glow light makes a significant difference.
I began reading ebooks on LCD backlit devices and resisted being an eink convert primarily due to the fact that eink reading in dim light was a chore and produced less than stellar results.

My impression of the Nook ST with glowlight is that it is a KEEPER! I tried reading on my iLiad with a night light, or my Sony PRS-T1 with its case light and nothing compares to the LCD experience as does reading on my NSTG. Its variable glow intensity makes it easy to adapt to darken rooms to suit ones preferences.

Even though I gather that it may be fragile and susceptible to damage, I try to protect it as best I can with a sturdy cover and GREAT respect. Much the same as I did with my first ebook reader, the RCA REB1200. It was never crushed, sandwiched, man-handled nor left anywhere where it was exposed to "accidents waiting to happen".

I revere my NSTG with that same respect as I am thrilled to be able to finally read in bed with an eink device that is better than an LCD device.