View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Perhaps I was too indirect Otterbooks.

The question is whether in the future these things will work so well. Will Google and Samsung display all the dedication to making sure Apple products satisfy Apple customers as they have in the past?
For Samsung, they will if they don't want to lose billions of dollars, their reputation, their by far largest customer, and, the $4 billion they just invested in a fab plant in Texas to make chips for Apple.

I'm not exactly sure what Google would do, but since it makes 4x as much from iOS than it does from Android, I don't think it could make its services work less well on iOS and still make that kind of money.

Realistically, of course, these are all big businesses which aren't going to throw away billions of dollars in profit because someone on the internet wanted the other "team" to win.
Andrew H. is online now   Reply With Quote