View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
How did you enter the special characters in the HTML? Are they entered as & #2713; (✓) and & #2113; (ℓ)? I've never used these two characters so I don't know if they are even supported in the Kindle device's font.

As far as TOC problems, it seems to me as though the method you are using to create a book is very convoluted, and it involves at least one inferior product for developing HTML. MS Word is terrible at developing HTML. You might want to learn about Sigil, a freeware app for developing ePubs. It has a WYSIWYG editor to create HTML, allows you to easily create and organize a book. Once Sigil creates the ePub it is very easy to unpack/unzip the ePub and modify the OPF and NCX files. Then you can easily use Kindle Previewer to open the OPF and build a MOBI. This is much easier and much cleaner than using MS Word and MobiCreator.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote