View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
languages are languages. figure out the new syntax. figure out what they do that the last one you understood didn't. once you start to code with final intent rather than looking at the required structure you can transcend the fear about language.

eventually - assuming it can be done - you will get it done. in whatever language.

I have learned several languages and offshoots for no more than a single project and no deeper than I needed to dive. It's gets easier the more you learn. Most of my languages were managed MS languages however so don't translate well into the world of unix. So in one sense I am "starting again"

No doubt a lot like being multilingual. And being dumped in a completely unknown country. work it out or starve! lol.

That said every one you have to learn does eat up a lot of time.
So minimising the amount needed or using ones you are familiar with is obviously a plus. I too am a novice at Lua. I have rudimentary java skills at best. That's not going to stop me trying to port the app though.

Minecraft4K would require using Java AFAICT which as I say is not my strong point either. on the plus side it is implemented natively so perhaps its a decent place to start.

Any further thoughts - or example code to mash - warmly welcomed.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote