View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:21 PM   #51
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
How did you come up with this number? Off the top of my head I know of 5 different public library systems which offer ebooks in Alberta alone (there are probably more). Do all the other provinces only have one provincial system? I was under the impression that the major cities at least had their own.
I came by that number through an article in the Yukon News when the Yukon library bought 150 ebooks and brought them online. They said they were the twelfth. Obviously dated and/or inaccurate information and I apologise. I did look up a number of City libraries in Canada before posting but obviously not enough. I could only find two in Alberta with their own individual catalogues so I am possibly out by a factor of three or greater.

Even so I don't see the great sales potential of short of half a million a title, although obviously I have been wrong before.

Sorry for the wrong/misleading information even if it was AFAIK.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote