View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #93
doncaruana
doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nexus 7, Asus TF700
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfab View Post
Also, it's great that one can still update the calibre library even if the library is on a nas

Putting a shortcut ("C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe" --with-library "\\DISKSTATION\web\library1") makes updating the library on the Synology easier.

I currently have two libraries on my Synology which I maintain. Now I don't have to bother with calibre2opds to update the libraries on my Synology
Why would you need to do that shortcut? Calibre just continues to point to the last library you updated. And it also knows which libraries you have. You can switch between any libraries by simply using the create/switch icon I referenced. As a matter of fact, in the menu that pops up when you hit that icon, it will just list the other library so its a one-click change. And, if you want, you can also use that to copy books from one library to another.

Sometimes the solution is just a simple one
doncaruana is offline   Reply With Quote